ULS Deobfuscator is a viewer for SharePoint ULS log files.
When having to analyze SharePoint log files, I think that there are 2 difficulties:
- Finding the right log file.
- Reading the log file contents.
This viewer tackles the first problem by featuring a log chooser window that displays the available log files in an easy-to-read format.
Reading the log file is made easier through a grid that displays the log entries in a structured format.
The features of the log chooser window are presented here
The features of the grid within main window are presented here
The features of the toolbar within the main window are presented here.Miscellaneous other features
- Single EXE.
- The sizes of most elements are remembered across sessions (window sizes, positions, column widths, etc.)
- A log file is created in %APPDATA% in case of crash. Please send it to me if it happens to you.
- Dropping file(s) on the main window now asks if the dropped file(s) replace, or add to, the log display. Holding Shift or Control allows bypassing this dialog.
- Filters for processes, areas, categories, levels and event ids now depend on each other.
- Simple include/exclude filters can now be created through a context menu on the grid. A given column value can be included/excluded/highlighted or simply copied to the clipboard. The context menu also allows hiding previous or following entries.
Suggestions, comments, remarks, personal attacks here or send me an e-mail