ULS Deobfuscator is a viewer for SharePoint ULS log files.
When having to analyze SharePoint log files, I think that there are 2 difficulties:
- Finding the right log file.
- Reading the log file contents.
This viewer tackles the first problem by featuring a log chooser window that displays the available log files in an easy-to-read format.
Reading the log file is made easier through a grid that displays the log entries in a structured format.
The features of the log chooser window are presented here
The features of the grid within main window are presented here
The features of the toolbar within the main window are presented here.Miscellaneous other features
- Single EXE.
- The sizes of most elements are remembered across sessions (window sizes, positions, column widths, etc.)
- A log file is created in %APPDATA% in case of crash. Please send it to me if it happens to you.
- Adapted to SharePoint 2013 registry path (should work with all future versions)
An example log file generated by SharePoint 2013 has some kind of log entry in the Message field. Can anyone comment on this ?
Suggestions, comments, remarks, personal attacks here or send me an e-mail